Monday 19 December 2011

Baby-sitting

I'm baby-sitting my 20-year-old friend and her family this week, so you might not hear much from me.

I'm having such a fun time so far. They have five children....well, teenagers...and I really feel apart of the family. It's a bit chaotic at times, and the amount of times I've had to say "do the washing up!" in the first day alone is a bit dauntnig. It's been really interesting seeing a large Catholic family from the inside. On every wall there are pictures of Jesus and Our Lady, including a huge icon in the living room, and pro-life stickers everywhere. I've had to safe-guard my food in case they eat it. I'm fussy about breakfast and love my yogurt and fruit in the morning. Most of the day the boys are down the paddock or off on their motorbikes, so they aren't a problem.

I'd love to be a mother with lots of the children someday, and I think this week will test that desire. However, I prayed for my future husband seriously for the first time at Mass this morning. I've never done it before because I could never really see me having one for some reason. I kind of paused mid-prayer remembering this, but I thought "Well, Jesus will use my prayer for someone else if I don't have one."

So far it's been pretty easy, with only a few little arguments (my poor friend is such a stress head!) Now I just have to get my iPod back somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment