Saturday 19 November 2011

End of a big week

I've had two big things happen this week.

First, I've become an officially recognised unemployed bum, soaking up the tax dollars of my dearly beloved friends and family >:)

Secondly, I got a hair cut...an extreme hair-cut.

Before
After

(I know what you're thinking, and yes, that is a new Angry Birds shirt!)

I got it done at a great little hairdresser that's new to our town, he's been run off his feet since he opened his store. You can kinda see why.

I was excited when he said in his European accent "This will be a make-over." But that quickly turned to a terror that froze me right...
down...
to...
my...
stomach when he told me just how short it would be.

"Okay, he's like a doctor, he's a professional, he know what he's doing!" that soothing voice told me. I added a prayer (yes, a prayer of vanity >,>) and watched as he started lopping it off from the back.

Thirty minutes later I walked away a new woman.

I'm still trying to get used to it, it gets in my face a fair bit, and I keep running my hand through the back of it where he actually took a razor to it, but I really like it. It reminds me of those flapper girls from the 1920s, just need to get a beaded necklace and a feather...

No comments:

Post a Comment